Care-Givers in the Family

To all care-givers, we may not understand the efforts put in but we shall try. My late Mak was a stroke and diabetic patient. She needed care after her stroke and my late Father and sis, Zaharah and Sis Chom were the ones who took great care of her until she passed away on 8.6.86. I was living in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Bharu between September 1982-November 86. Prior to that I was still studying in The UK. Going home like twice or three times a year was never adequate but situations were such then.

My Sis Zaharah and my late sis Saedah later took care of my late father after mom passed away. He passed away in 1991. He died of old age when his kidneys finally failed.

My late sis Saedah too needed care for more than 15 years. My bro-in-law took great care of her for those many years though with  help but he was always there. Her children too were there to give a helping hand whenever they came home. Tuti the youngest girl was home longest before she got married.

My sis Zaharah too needed care after she suffered a stroke in Dec 2008. Sis Chom has been taking great care of her since amidst, her very tight daily schedule as a teacher in a school near her home. Her hubby and two sons were also there to help. My other sis Zamaliah/Amal too takes care of sis Zaharah when sis Chom had to be away. This whole week I have taken leave off work to be with my sis while sis Chom is in Makkah performing her umrah. I can't meet her standards obviously, as today I was up late instead of getting up at 5.30am I was up at 6.30am. Sis missed her subuh prayers because of me so she had to Qada'. Trust me...

To all the care-givers in the Universe may Allah watches over you always like you have watched those under your care...

Comments