Happy New Year 2014

It's the 5th Jan today and I never wrote anything or truly wish anyone Happy New Year 2014. I have been busy both at work and personal since mid November and thus my last blog was on 14th Nov. Personally, my husband and I had a project to complete by 21st Dec 2013. Alhamdulillah we managed to achieve that but that made our mind, body and soul so exhausted. We celebrated at the end of it but there were no pictures taken of that auspicious day but the date, I shall remember.

Looking on to the New Year, I began to reflect my life over the past year. If I say that very few things happened to me over 2013, it would be an understatement. Analogous to doing research one needs to identify the problem statement, then identify the gaps thus we know which area to improve and find solutions or countermeasures, then implement the countermeasures to enhance the situation. Thus came all the New Year resolutions. I'm beyond resolutions for I may not remember what were the resolutions I made, after a month or worst after the week ends.

I lost my best friend to cancer and I also lost my supervisor also to cancer. I changed my jobs in July 2013. Took a pay cut of approximately RM4,000. I wasn't perturbed by that. It was a balancing act between my worldly needs and my soul so I chose to calm my soul and left my old job. I traveled in 2013 both work and personal, I visited the grandchildren in Dubai, visited the Queen (like my sister would ask after my long silence- pussy cat, pussycat where have you been?) only this time I can say ' I've been to London to see the Queen's Palace though not the Queen literally. After the two weeks break in Uk I suffered pain in my leg till today from severe lack of exercise and walking too much that two weeks I was on holiday.

I increased my worldly goods too a car, a house, more debts actually but I realised I was not very calm inside. I still had issues with my children, my extended family just because I couldn't stop being a mother and there are times I just wanna give up. However I know, to stop being a mom I have to die. Thus all the conflicts and thus the frown on my forehead.

But most important of all I realised I didn't feed my soul enough and Allah give me more trials to deal with. My body aches, my hair greying rapidly, am not calm inside, I feel vengeful sometimes all because I am careless of not feeding my soul. I do not need complicated resolutions. All I need is to nourish my soul. May Allah guide me and guide us all. Amin.

Happy New Year.

Comments