Through Thick and Thin

One of the things I asked my son and daughter to consider when choosing their life partner was to find someone who can get along with their other siblings. Reasons? Simple, once when you're gone you can rest assure that they will still be close to one another, in-laws or not. The way to find out was to let them go out for an outing among themselves together with the future choice and if the siblings are ok then things might be ok. After that make lots of doa that they remain together through thick and thin.

Today I see  from my neice's facebook, my late sister's children with their sisters in law and all their children plus step-mom and her children ( my nieces' siblings) all together having a picnic at the Tasik Perdana in Kuala Lumpur having so much fun together, biking and all. I know that they do activities together, like picnic in Janda Baik, take the children swimming at one of the niece's condominium and many more.

For now I settle for get togethers at my house with my family and the grandchildren. I was never the outdoor kind. After working the whole week I just wanna stay home at weekends and cook if they all come over. Last year we went for a great holiday together for two weeks, this year just one  measly getaway weekend to a resort nearby. That's life for now.

Comments