Not Alone Again

Not Alone Again
As I was walking home from the bus stop after taking two buses from University, on a winters' evening, tears were falling off my cheeks. I cried my heart out but in the darkness, I had limited time to cry before I approached the house. I had to wipe my tears dry because three hopeful children aged 12, 10 and 5 were waiting for me at 25, Teall Road. My thoughts, my regrets was why did I have the courage to be alone with my kids in a foreign land pursuing my studies again. I hated my own guts then.
In life I went on again and again and again doing things on my own, more travelling I guess.
I travelled to the United States alone to visit my sister and my bro- in- law in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at 19. On my return to UK I stayed in London for two weeks in Malaysian Hall at 44 Bryanston Square then. I did not contact anyone as almost all my college friends flew back to Malaysia after the first year during that summer holiday.
Later on, for work, I travelled alone to Prague and then to Brno in Czech Republic to Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Budapest saw me alone again, then Berlin, then Protoroz, Slovenia, then Warsaw, Polsnd and if it hadn't been for the 911 WTC twin tower attacks, I would have gone to Lisbon, alone yet again.
So if you ask me, where else do I want to travel, I do not care for new places but I would love to be guided through all these places where I had been and yet not truly been there. I don't see much of the places I went to then. Money was tight then otherwise I would have brought my 3 bodyguards, taking turns of course, with me on my trips.
I am through travelling on my own. I guess having a sister at 3 years 8 months started me young, to be independent ðŸ˜„. Leaving home at 12 and leaving the country at 18 with friends of course set for the life I have led. After all now, I need someone to carry my luaggages and to care for me when I travel. I choose not to be alone anymore.
Many of my baby boomer friends led my kind of life, so am just a representative to tell the story. After all I was just dubbed the storyteller by my niece...

Comments