Allah Knows Best

Someone close to me left to perform Umrah about two weeks ago. I spoke to her the evening before and a couple of hours before she left. Prior to her leaving, her daughter was admitted to the ICU for some complications to the heart. She believed in Allah, thus leaving her daughter's fate in the Hands of Allah. Two days before she came home her daughter passed away. Today when I spoke to her briefly I couldn't believe how calm she was, she informed that she had just arrived home and my heart was crying though she didn't breathe a word about her late daughter nor did I. I could only managed by saying I will call her when she has settled down. How sad she must be but never one to express her inner feelings but I could feel as any mother would, weep over the death of her child.

My late mother too lost her two weeks old baby girl and many years later her 12 year old son. The former was before I was born and my mom must have been in her twenties whereas when she lost her son she was in her mid forties. I was about six years old then and I couldn't remember. Three of her children were admitted to hospital with typhoid but only two came home recovered from the illness. I simply cannot imagine what she went through. I couldn't remember and I was too young to understand. My elder brothers and sisters would remember how my mom must have grieved but during those days, the culture was not to show emotions openly and as a Muslim, one who submits to Allah accept what has been ordained. 

My bestfriend lost her 21 year old son in an accident. When she phoned me I was in tears immediately whereas she kept so calm. The boy was like my own. We lived two doors away. A very polite child whom I took to the circus or simply to have ice cream together with my children.

Also it was only recently too another loss in the family. A stillborn child to my niece. She grieved as much as she could but I am sure the truth is, a mother never stop grieving but simply goes on and accept what Allah has ordained for her. 

All these women are truly special in their own ways as Allah has chosen them to test their iman. Allah knows best thus He chose them. If anything, these women has regained their strengths to move on. To think back, my loss of a broken marriage is nothing compared to these women's losses. May Allah give them the strength to go on living with the thoughts of their children in them forever not fading a single bit. May they continue to talk about their loss with pride and hope to be reunited in Jannah. A Mother's fear is to have her child leave this World before her. Ya Rabb, may the children be safe in your utmost care. Amin.

Comments