The Nephew I Never Knew

Mahabbah (Love) is the strangest feeling. Last night I waited up to meet my brother-in-law's nephew, my nephew's cousin i.e. He's 22 I guess, as old as my nephew. He is on holiday here for approximately 2 weeks and leaving for home, United States tonight for that matter.

I knew his father from 36 years ago. In one of my earlier blogs in July 2011, I mentioned about travelling to the US to meet my sister and my bro-in-law. During my 6 week trip to the US, my sister, bro-in-law together with his brother went on a 7-10 day camping trip to Texas and Colorado. It was one of my most memorable trips in my lifetime enjoying the trekking, fishing and just enjoying the lovely sceneries and enjoying nature. I was dubbed 'the prisoner of love' during the trip as my thoughts were somewhere else the whole time. Thus when I met my bro-in-law's brother's son last night, I just had tears in my eyes as I felt I was meeting a nephew I have never met before. Never once did I feel I was meeting a stranger at all. I even apologised that I never kept in touch and the kid was really clueless over the whole thing. I felt like he is family and I have never cared. I guess that explains the tears. I also felt like he is so far from family here in Malaysia forgetting that his very own family is in the US. That's what I meant, mahabbah goes beyond boundaries, comes at the strangest of occassion and it belongs to Allah. I wish the family well and may Allah give them guidance

Comments