Hasbunallahuwani'malwakil

It has been a while since I wrote. There were so much happenings in my life lately both personal and at work. Just couldn't find enough time, maybe the time too was not totally blessed thus the feeling of  not having enough time to do this and that.

Lately I have made a big decision involving my career. The fact that I may be moving to a job with lesser pay, lesser impact to society and to a designation not as important as it is where I am now, didn't seem to matter anymore. I purposely list out all the reasons why I am doing it so that I may justify to myself as to why I sacrifice the higher income job to the new lesser paid one. With it I hope to spend more time with the family (not that the kids are home, since I am just left with my husband), lesser stress on the job, no taking home of reports to read or maybe simply to slow down the process of my hair turning grey before it's time.

When I mentioned to a friend that Allah's blessing comes in many ways (thinking that now I take the pay cut and He the Al-Mighty might even provide me with a promotion where I was going), he quickly rebutted that it's true but one has to strive hard for it too. Obviously referring to the Dollars and cents of course and here I was trying to reason that money isn't everything. I was upset over those remarks, got me confused a bit. Does it really matter the fact that I have roof over my head, enough food to eat, clothes to wear, a car to drive around in, somewhat priviledged compared to many others. Anyway now life is not all about me or what I should have in this world anymore. Hasbunallahuwani'malwakil'.

Whenever I think I want more riches in this world I think of a close friend of mine who gave up her riches to live simply and be close to Allah. That's my check and balance.

Comments

Post a Comment