Mydin and the Green Environment

I went to Mydin Subang Jaya today, kinda a mistake cause its the weekend before Chinese New Year and almost everyone just got their paycheck before the weekend. After a long wait at the counter, I noticed they were packing stuffs into the plastic bags and it is a Saturday. I asked the cashier if it was free today and he said yes. I did not forget to bring my bags today so I told the cashier to pack my stuffs into my green bags. He asked me again and again whether I wanted the plastic bags, and I refused.

I think the reason Mydin is giving free plastic bags today is because of the fact that GIANT which is next door to Mydin opened on 31st January, thus have to lure customers with plastic bags and because it's 'payday (gaji) weekend', probably. That's just my hunch. Thus I conclude Mydin big guns do not care, am sure what's his name 'the one on the cover of the book on success of Mydin' understands about green environment.  I think we are far from being a developed country let alone having developed mentality. Just like road safety - the public do not care. I rest my case.

Comments