Dubai - a Different Perspective


On my travels anywhere, sometimes I forget about the place, what I did etc but the emotional state of being is what I remember most. If I travel with others it's the feeling of joy as we do things together is what I remember more than the place it self. Similarly on my recent visit to Dubai, creating the memories not just for me but for the people I love takes priority. Shopping wasn't top of the list as usual. I was there to visit the precious little ones.

If only we know what goes on in children's mind, as for now a 3 and a half year old girl and a 1 year 7 months old boy. They used to come to Tok Mama's house maybe once a month and in between I would visit them at their house. Since late October they have been living in Dubai and off late the little girl refused to skype anymore unlike at the beginning. Even the little boy seems distant at times. I just wonder if they understand the concept of distance. I even tried my best to show her via google earth where she would be and where home in Malaysia is. Thus explaining that I am unable to visit her. Even then she must think I have abandoned her as she doesn't get my weekly Friday lunch time visits no more.

Alhamdulillah. I had the opportunity to see them lately. Of course the kids didn't take long to get used to having Tok Mama and Uncle Ajim around. I was ready for anything having brought with me a 12 water colour pencil pack from Malaysia. We went to purchase an art block on the first day there and you can imagine what the next six days there were like. An art class was officially opened.

 
 
Everyday were full of activities, we walked the malls in Dubai, went to the aquarium, the biggest........ ( not sure biggest for what-look it up), and at home it was the art class, playing with bubbles which Uncle Ajim bought in Melbourne, they spent time swimming in the service apartment pool, playing football, making pizzas with mommy, playing Uno with Uncle Jim, watching Madagascar, Toy Story and Rio leaving both exhausted by day's end. I was just happy being there. Uploading my memories here les I forget.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My Heroes

With Mommy
 
Almira having ice-cream at Paul Patisserie
My Grandma's Lakes Towers in Dubai

 
The beautiful 'misfit' Burj Khalifa


Bye-bye for now

To my son and daughter-in-law, Josey and Shidah, thank you for having us. Till we meet again. Love you all.

 
 

Comments