A Mother's Prayer

I was listening to the radio, a call came through from a lady asking to talk to the Ustaz on radio. She asked the ustaz whether she is committing a sin if she does not forgive her child. She did not mention what the child did to her though. Hmm....  Isn't the theory simple, if we as mothers do not forgive our children, we are putting them farther away from Jannah. Do we want that upon our children as a mother?

Allah has blessed me with three children two boys and a girl. Bringing up children is never plain sailing, I've had my share of hitting the wall with the feather duster instead of hitting them with it when they really get to me, I've had my share of shouting and screaming at them, I've had my share of slapping them when it gets too much, I've had my share of giving them the stares and the cold shoulder, I've too had my share of crying because they were so rude to me but at the end of the day I always forgive them as soon as possible les I forget to do so and die soon after. Sometimes I cry just because I am happy that they are there.....

I may be wrong,was there a story about a man during the days of Rasullullah s.a.w. who was at his deathbed but was seen suffering. He said the only time he didn't put his mother first was when he gave the milk he brought home to his wife and children instead of giving to his mom as usual because she was sleeping then. His mom felt hurt... so the mother was called to forgive the son...... Have to check on this. I heard this from one of the tazkirahs but it was a long time ago. I may get the story all wrong.

I listened to another tazkirah recently on the power of a mother's prayer. Of course a mother should only make good doa for their children. The best time to do it is to do qiamulail,  during the two thirds of the night, if not during the remaing one-sixth of the night or the lat 15-30 mins before subuh prayer.

Recently someone I know who has a child that is 'mentally challenged' finally lost her to Allah. She always made prayer for the child to go before her for if she dies there will be nobody to take care of her even though there are other siblings. The mother is at least 80 years old if not more and the child was 50+. She became 'disabled' at age 20 thereabouts, due to some illness.

Thus, the power of a mother's prayer.... only the best prayers for my children with Allah's will. Insyallah.

Comments