Embrace or Conversion to Islam

Listening to Ustaz Kazim's story about a gentleman whose personal achievements was to bring people to embrace Islam was simply phenomenal. Not only does he do that but he also funds them a place to live, provide qualified people to teach them Islam and marrying them off too. Masyallah... what a way towards achieving Allah's blessing in life.

I have my own stories of connection with people who embraced Islam. My late eldest brother, Mohammad married a Chinese convert. I think when he knew her the whole family had already embraced Islam except for one sister who is married to a British and lives in UK. See how Allah's Hidayah to his creations works. Beyond our imagination. Never question, simply believe. My sis-in-law's family consists of three brothers and two sisters and herself. Not just my sister-in-law was close to our extended family of mom, dad, aunts and uncles but her whole family was very close to us. We lived in the same village. I was still a very young child when my brother was married but my memory of the whole family then is still crystal clear. My late bro. is survived by his wife and seven children, four girls and three boys. The youngest boy is working in Mumbai under the Ministry of Tourism, whereas the other siblings are living in Johor Bahru near mom.

Another connection is one of my sister who is married to an American who is more Malay than me in terms of our everyday conversation. He used to comment that I am more 'Mat Salleh' ( a colloqial term used for foreigners from the West) as I used more English than Malay when I speak. Ha ha..very funny. They have four children, three girls and a boy. No names in case they'd kill me for writing about them but am sure one could guess through some of my blogs who they are.

Another story would be when I brought a student at the University to embrace Islam in 2005, thereabouts. I am not taking the credit at all, for Iman (her new name) was attracted to Islam even when she was about 10 years old. She used to go to the Church on Sundays when she was a child but she said she was already questioning many things at that age. Gosh! When most of us were busy playing with dolls, there she was thinking about God. She is now married with two sons. I kinda lost touch with her. Guess it's about time I give her a call.

I have many more stories of this direct connection but I will stop here. There is no such thing as inter-religious marriage as in Islam one has to convert to Islam for the marriage to be possible with another Muslim. I am not against inter-racial marriage but my opinion is that the muslim partner has to guide the spouse properly from the start as the new 'person' has been reborn, as clean as a white sheet. So if she or he is not led correctly it would be a shame, really. May Allah gives us Hidayah everyday, not just for our new brothers and sisters but also to ourselves. Subhanallah.

Comments