My Home to Mama's Home

The not so great thing about the children growing up, getting married and maybe having their own children is that the home that was once theirs is now called Mama's home. I guess it's inevitable. They progress finding their own homes and moving out.

However that was the home where they literally grow up from babies to carefree children to becoming a teenager to a young adult until they find their own parners. I'd be happy if the home is referred to Subang home instead of Mama's home after all it is as much theirs as mine. Home is where you wanna be whever you are away.

I personally have so many homes, though unlike the rich and famous. More because I have my hubby's children who live outside the state, the KL home where we stay when the children come and my Subang home where I stay as it's closer to the workplace. So the Subang home can be one of many for them. That's what the phrase 'balik kampung' means, going back to your home in the village except mine is in the urban environment. It should never be mama's home. For my daughter and son who are still at home, they can always come home as I will make sure they leave with their set of the house keys with them. That reminds me should I give a set to my eldest son as he has left home a long while now... He never needed a set of house keys then because there was always someone at home when he comes home... even now.

Comments