Leave Him...

Assalamualaikum wrt.

Someone close to me came to visit yesterday, a very nice young adult as old as my daughter. It was nice of her to come. We caught up on a lot of things and when I asked her about her love life she opened up. She was in a dilemma to make a choice between two guys. One whom she likes the other whom she knows from College but have not dated but has been asking her hand in marriage. Her mom is suffering from cancer and she did not want to worry her by pouring her problems to her.

I interogated her with so many questions and finally advised her to leave the person she said she likes and go to the other who wants her hand in marriage. However I asked her to confirm a few things with this other guy:

1. Make sure he perform his solat all 5 a day
2. He is good with people, respect people of all ages
3. He is not arrogant (sombong)
Only 3 things, not much eh! Told her the rest is in Allah's hands.

At the end of it all my advice was apt when she told me that the person she likes have problems about stopping to pray when she request to perform her solat as she worry she might get caught in the jam and will not be in time to perform prayers at home. He will not want to make the stop but insisted that she pray at home. Whether he prays or not I didn't ask.

Without a second thought I told her to just 'leave him'. I said nobody shall stand in between you and Allah. It is a sure sign, he is not good for her. She knew he was not right but I guess she needed the courage from someone to tell her so.I will wait for news from her, may Allah guide her in this tribulation. I hope she doesn't mind me writing about it and if she is reading this I'd like her to read my earlier blog titled 'Marriage..Lillahi Taala'.

Comments