Courage....

In life nothing is easy. If it is too easy something's not right.When things are not easy you need courage to complete a task or to fight a situation. Courage is something every single soul needs and develop at every stage in one's life.

Amir my first grandson is collecting enough courage to start walking. He has started walking but is still hanging on to the sofa etc. He will be 1 year old on April 13th. When my children were small, they would challenge each other to see whether who has enough courage to do something such as buying candy from the bread man to buying ice cream at McDonalds. My son would go and say 'she won't do it' (saying about her sister i.e.) and we'd congratulate her after she has done it. Each time they succeed, they would look for new things to do that requires more courage to do the task than the previous one. That was how they grew developing courage along the way.

One acquire courage either through wanting to do something and at other times one is simply forced into it. Children with tons of courage in stock are confident and the opposite would need to be encouraged to do what those confident children could do. See, the word 'encourage' literally comes from the word courage.

I had the courage to take my three children to England to stay for a year and they in turn were forced to have enough courage to go to school where everyone speaks English. At home we never converse in English but all read English.I must say they did very well as I remembered wiping tears of joy when the children's teachers only had good words of them during Parents-Teachers day.Being a proud parent my eyes always water. As for my eldest son, I had to meet 10 teachers before I could leave the school. You can imagine I almost ran out of tissue to wipe my tears of joy.

In later years I see my nieces with so much courage to leave their high earning jobs to stay home and take care of their own children. There's Lyn, Tuti, Suria and now my daughter Ayla too have enough courage to choose to work for herself instead of having a 9 to 5 job. Whereas I still do not have enough courage to leave my job even though it gets me so stressed and even though I only have myself to support....

Comments