Hajj 2009

When I first embark on my PhD journey, there were several things I thought that I would do after I graduated and one of them was to perform Hajj. Year after year after year I still did not graduate and so I thought I just have to wait till I finish before I could perform the Hajj.Who was I to say when, As we all know we can only plan and Allah wills. 


The plan was to go with my sister and my cousin. Both had asked me to go for Umrah with them the year before but I couldn't join them. Thus I made a promise to go with them for Hajj. By 2008 we had all registered to go but did not get the offer from Tabung Haji. In Malaysia one needs to go through Tabung Haji to be able to go and the quota is controlled by them. I hope I am correct there. So early in 2009 we sent an appeal letter to enable us to go in 2009. No news, not until sometime middle of the year I received the application form from Tabung Haji, filled it and sent it together with my sister's and my cousin's application. Having done that we reminded each other to be mentally ready to go or pretend that we will be going thus it won't be a problem if we get it at the very last minute. True enough it was only three weeks before the departure date on 16th November 2009 that we got the news. Alhamdulillah - 8 years after the first trip to Makkah. More about the Hajj in later blogs, insyallah. By the way I graduated after I went for Hajj with Allah's Will. Alhamdulillah.

Comments