A Tribute to a Sister

As muslims we all know that we shall give charity/zakat without fail. As Allah's Firman in

Surah 2 - Al Baqarah THE HEIFER

002.001 Alif, Lam, Mim.
002.002 This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear God;
002.003 Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;
002.004 And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.
002.005 They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.

For some, we have the knowledge but yet fail to do them. I still remember when I first started working and I guess before I even got my first paycheck my sister reminded me not to fail in paying zakat annually when 'haul' was met. I think I managed without fail to do exactly that till today and for each time I do that, my sister is being rewarded for reminding me that one time.

But now she has passed on, on 9th May 2011 and I wrote this in memory of her....


Salam All,

My sis who has been an invalid for almost 15 years passed away this afternoon.

Jang

Doas From Friends

..Semoga Allah SWT mencucuri rahmat ke atas roh allahyarham.
 Loves,
-Sit

..So sorry to hear about yr sister's passing. Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat atas ruhnya
-shamim
..Innalillah....my condolences Jango to you and family,
Doa semoga ALLAH SWT mencucori rahmat keatas rohnya. Al-Fatihah

-Zurai sekeluarga
..Inalillahiwainailaihirojiun Jang. My condolence and may Allah place her among the solehin
- Aiza

..My condolences to you and the family. Take care. Call us if you need any form of assistance.

Salam,
Ritae
..Pemergian arwah mengejut ke? Tak dengar berita yesterday when we were at usrah. My condolences to you and family.
-Lin

..Dari Allah kita datang dan kepada Allah kita kembali.
Semoga Roh Arwah di Ampuni dan di Rahmati Allah.
Harimau mati meninggalkan belang, Manusia mati meninggalkan nama dan Seribu
kenangan manis untuk mereka yang menyayanginya.

Loves,
Bun
..Innaa lillahi waainna ilaihi roji'un.. Sorry to hear about your family's loss.. Semoga Allah mencucori rahmat kpd rohnya.m ameen

Take care..hugs,
 roza
..salam takziah Innalillah... Sorry for ur lost! Semoga rohnya ditempatkan bersama orang2 yg beriman. Sabar Jang...
-Kibah

As Salam Jang,
Takziah di atas kehilangan orang yang dikasihi, semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas roh Allahyarhamah.
-Jiah

..My condolences on your sister's passing. Semoga Allah tempatkannya disisi orang-orang yang beriman. Ameen.
-Luee

..Takziah dear Jang. Losing a family member is so distressing I can imagine. Bersabar menempuh dugaan.
 love
aYa

Please accept my condolences. I hope her passing was easy, and I hope in time your sorrow will heal, leaving you with wonderful memories of your sister.
Love,
Ins

Tribute to a Sister
Assalamualaikum Dearest Friends,

I just wanna thank everyone for all the doa either via emails or all the smses that I received. Arfah, to your question it's not my sister Kak Arah, Kak Amal or Chom. It's my sister Saedah. To your question Lin of my sister's departure seemed mengejut as I was with you ( did not mention anything) on Sunday with the Ustaz telling us that the ultimate is to die in khusnulkhatimah. I'd like to say that of my sister's departure. Arwah had a surgery done to take care of the veins in the head in May 1996. Don't know any scientific terms. After the surgery she was in a coma for several weeks and of which after that she seemed to recover but was bedridden and noncommunicative since then until the day she passed away yesterday.She was in that state for 15 years 1 week exactly (so my bro-in-law said) and not a single sin since. May Allah shower His blessings on her soul.

The first three in my family are boys and arwah was the eldest girl alive then. Girls being girls are always to help with taking care of her other siblings with 6 adiks below her. Dad a garderner and mom 'the career' as per Ida's email. A year after I was born she was already a trained teacher from Kirby, Liverpool (Al your mom went there as well kan?) and I kept the brown teddy bear she bought me until the time I could remember having it. Me and her are like 20 years apart.

When I was young, she was my ticket out of JB during school holidays. My bro-in-law was a MARA officer back then, he was my brother's best friend (kira kahwin dengan adik kawan la ni). After my sis got married she went everywhere her husband went and being a teacher it was easy to move as well. From JB to Jalan Merdeka in Batu Pahat, to Mersing ( Zurai, Al, I used to meet our childhood friend Hafsah after she moved there), Muar, then at Jalan Tranquerah in Malacca until she settled down in KL at 12, Jalan Kent Dua in KL.Al was her neighbour for a while, right Al?

Wherever she lived I would go visit and she will make sure we go to see places of interest. I still have photos at the Formosa diri tepi cannon. Then the Cannon seemed big but not anymore. My photos at tugu Peringatan and many more. My children pun tak de gambar kat tugu Peringatan. Climbing up Batu Caves you name it she would take us everywhere.Coming from an 'OK we have enough kinda background' (Zurai and Al probably remember my home or family- or I never invited them out of shame-I can't remember anymore), it was the world to me getting to see these places. In not so many words she was my mentor.

The day I went to TKC both she and my bro-in-law sent me. She was always the replacement for my mother and father since they were in JB and my sis in KL. Throughout the 5 years in TKC both of them and their children were my only visitors from the family. My parents never knew or seen TKC. The day I went to England too it was like I was her daughter, even though my parents were there sending me off.

Ever since she was married, in Batu Pahat, her mom-in law, her sister-inlaw and bro-in-law lived with her for many years. After that it was anak saudara my bro-in-law, then cucu saudara, then my brother, then me, then my cousin's son, my nephew and many more lived with her... Both of them literally open their houses to all the clans in need believe me not for a few days but some for years from start of semester to graduation especially those who studied at UTM... It was like that until she couldn't take care of anyone anymore. Her last intake was she adopted my cousin's son, Amir and took care of him like her own and he was the only one not around yesterday as he works in Thailand. Amir is as old as Reza. She has five children of her own 2 boys and 3 girls, all bathed her and yesterday the two sons received her and placed her at her final resting place.

There are no words to define love. Allah is love, family is love, children are love, grandchildren love and friendship like ours is love.

Thank you.

jang

So glad you shared this story with us. She's such a wonderful person and sister - a definition of love to you and your family and you are so lucky you had her in your life. May Allah cucuri rahmat ke atas roh nya and reward her with paradise, ameen.

Love
 iZa

Thank you Jango for sharing that lovely written write up about your late sister. Sorry tak sempat email  or sms you to convey my condolences on her death. I sempat doakan rohnya di tempatkan di kalangan roh-roh para solehin di jannah.
-Ida

I didn't realise this is the same sister you used to spend much time with whilst growing up. Doa semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat ALLAH SWT.
Stay strong, Jang.
-Zurai sekeluarga (that's 2cats)

Dear..dear Jang..
Tq for sharing your story. Your sister was truly a wonderful woman..she touched me too!
Semoga Allah rahmati roh beliau..
Hugs Love
Ainal

I am so sorry to hear about your sister's passing, May Allah keeps her among the chosen ones. May Allah rewards her for all her love towards you and her family through the safekeeping of her zuriat.

I remembered our chats about her during the time when I was looking after my aruah Mak who was invalid too and that we had similar experiences. I thought then it must be a gigantic job for the family to take care of her all these years and it must have been due to love. 

Take care my dear, love,
Rose.

AsSlm dear jang
Thanks for sharing your story. May your Sis be placed amongst the solihin. She's truly inspiring. Girls, we still have 'new' stories even though we have known each other for years!
-Laili Ismail

I tak berapa ingat this sister of yours but I recall you saying that she took you shopping at Mun Loong (that was the place to do shopping then right?) before you went overseas to study. Reading what you wrote about her...She was one fantastic lady ye
-Arfah

Read your email..Your arwah sis is an angel! Alhamdulillah..for u n your family to have had d love n care frm a heart so generous, pure n sincere.. I can feel d pain of your loss but I m sure there is some relief tht InsyaAllah she has returned to a better place with god.. Ameen.. Take care dear!
-Roza



Comments