Once Upon a Time I was a Child

I still  remember...
- the 7 bed-roomed house at jalan Mariamah, Johor Bahru
- playing with my dolls late at night when all were sleeping
- my favourite dress at age 7
- feeling bad after telling my first lie
- reading with a small light after all have gone to bed
- riding my cousin Ain's bike and crashed
- going to the JB town library on Saturdays by bus all on my own
- listening to story telling at the library
- asking myself who created the Universe
- flying kites with my brother & cousins at the graveyard area
- playing cards with rubber bands as collateral
- climbing the rambutan tree outside grandma's bedroom
- the Madrasah, berzanji, my religious teachers
- the long walk to school
- the fear of the swans and puppies attacking on the way to school
- going to Sophia Shueb's house to read and play
- playing in the rain n sneaking in to avoid father's scolding
- my entrepreneur Grandma
- grand prix at Jalan Gertak Merah
- the Cheng Gei
- the fireworks near Lido
- lining to get tokens from the royalty at the makam Mahmudiah on Friday mornings
- learning Al-Quran from father
- mother playing youngest sis blue baby piano
- mother dressing me to school
- mother's french toast

Comments