Long Marriages

Long Marriages
The day my Mak passed away on 8.6.86, she was married to my Bak for 52 years. That was 12 children and 26 grandchildrenyears later. Additional of 8 grandchildren more came after her demise. My Bak passed away in August 1991.
Two of my siblings died young. Rohaya the 5th in the family died at a week old, Jamaluddin the 9th passed away at age 12 in 1965 and sister Zahrah, the 6th sibling passed away on 31st August 2019 at age 74. She was never married.
My eldest siblings (Mohamed), second (Abdullah), third (Yusof) and fourth (Saedah) in the family, all followed my parents footsteps and was blessed with long marriages too until they were taken to meet Allah s.w.t.
Like my parents before them, I am sure they and their spouses put in a lot of hard work, patience, overlooking the differences and savouring the joys and tons of doas which very likely are the key ingredients for a long lasting marriage. I may have forgotten love, but is it really the key ingredient? Love may still flourish or it may transform as it blooms into responsibility, accountibility, respect, understanding, laughters and many other good representations.
Anyway, the remaining married siblings are my 7th sibling (Ayub), 8th sibling (Zamaliah), 10th sibling (Yunos), the 11th yours truly (Jamilah) and the youngest, 12th sibling (Kalthom). In sha Allah with lots of prayers and the Grace of Allah, all will go through long marriages too as we are in the 'Golden Age' now.
Alas, across the world, my bro-in-law's father passed away yesterday, he was 92 years old and we are certain he was blessed with a long marriage too. To the big surviving family our condolences to all and may Joe Seigmund rest in peace. To my bro-in- law Daivd, being away from your Dad, we are sorry for you but we thank you, on behalf of the family for setting home in Malaysia since 1980 and because of that we are able to be with our sister and your children and grandchildren whom we love so dearly.
So, though still learning, take it that long marriages are made in heaven but with a touch of your own magic wand on earth.
May Allah heal the pain of losing your loved ones. Aamiin.

Comments