Jumirah's Clan

I have once heard that if you love the person who had passed on, one of the things that you can do is to keep the silaturrahim with their loved ones going.
I am the second generation of Indonesian descendants born in Malaysia on my maternal side. My grandmother, Jumirah Abdul Rahman came from Java in the 1900s probably, my mother was born in Johor, I reckon. She has 5 siblings, she being the second and was referred to as Mak Ngah. She was Salmah Jais. Her eldest brother the late Abdul Hamid (Bak Long), her younger brothers Salleh Jais (Bak Leh) and Osman Jais (Bak Man) while sisters were Safiah (Chik) and Rokiah (Uchu).
I had a calling to do this. My fb friends included the grandchildren and great grandchildren of the lady known as my Grandma. If she was the first woman Prime Minister of Malaysia, I bet you the grandchildren and the great grandchildren would have been too eager to claim that they are descendants of that Prime Minister but alas she was not.
The grandchildren are my first cousins, children of Bak Long, Mak Ngah, Bak Leh , Bak Man, Chik and Uchu. The great grandchildren are children of my siblings, and all of my cousins children.
The second cousins are children from my own siblings, the Marjan clans Mohamed, Abdullah, Yusof, Saedah, Ayub, Zamaliah, Yunos, yours truly Jamilah and sister Kalthom. My mom, Mak Ngah and Bak Ngah has 34 grandchildren thus 34 great grandchildren from my Mak's family. The other families can share w me how many great grandchildren nenek Jumirah has and I can update it here.
From my eldest Uncle there are children of Azizah, Mak Mim, Mak Enon, Mak Ain and Khairullah.
There are also children of my cousins from my uncle Salleh clans, Ibrahim, Maznah ( 7 children, 11 grandchildren), Ismail, Md Noh, Hafsah, Rahmah and Sufiah. From my uncle Osman are children to Junaidah, Zaiton and Azman.
From my aunt Safiah are children to Mariamah, Maimunah, Mahmood and from my aunt Rokiah would be children of Hashim, Hafisah, Husaila, Hasnuddin and Haliza.
Some of my nephews and nieces too already have their own children. So there exists the generation of 3rd cousins (4th generation). One of my nephew's son is married with 3 children.. so that completes 5 generations of the Jumirah's clans in Malaysia. The children of Salmah, Salleh and Safiah used to live under one roof in a big house in Kg Kubor, at Jalan Mariamah. So these first cousins from these 3 families lived together, grew and played together. Up until 1970 when my family and Chik's family moved to Kg Melayu.
So if your are my fb friends and if you are the child to those mentioned above then you are the generation whose great grandma was Jumirah Abdul Rahman. That would be the only info that the generations after could link to. But would you care just because your grandma was not the 1st Prime Minister of Malaysia.
I did not know my maternal grandfather. Nobody talks about him when I was young. Nor do I know my paternal grandparents. No stories told either and till this day I wished my father had mentioned something about his family too.
Those that I tagged are mostly second cousins to one another. Need to recognise the aunties of course. I couldn't tag some as it looks like there is a limit to the numbers. Some may be friends to one another but did not know that they come from the same tree.
Would you care to continue the silaturrahim.? It's a tall order. If all of us recite AlFatihah everyday for our matriach Jumirah Abdul Rahman and patriach Jais bin Omar, both would be alright dialam barzagh in sha Allah. May Allah guide our hearts to be one. Aamiin.

Comments