Death

If I am given a choice by Allah to die before my hubby or any other family member, I would say let me go first.
My elder sister passed away on 31st August 2019. Since she was not married and since my parents have both passed away many years back, so her siblings should inherit whatever she left behind but Alhamdulillah she left a will and none of my siblings contested to the will. We do that out of respect for her and out of our compassion, knowing what my sister and my youngest sister who literally took care of her went through all those years, we agreed to the will. When there is a death in the family, no outsider should even peek into the privacy of the family members.
We have procedures either islamic or civil, rules and regulations too, and it is not so easy for anyone to just 'songlap' the inheritance from the rightful owner. After our experience last year, my younger sister had to do so many things before we leave everything to Amanah Raya to do what was necessary. After almost 6 months it is not settled yet.
A widow with an 8 month old baby does need help to meet all the needs that is required following the procedures. Having aged parents who may not be able to assist in doing all this, obviously then the widow would need assistance. Who are we to even comment and judge what the family should and should not do.
There are so many lessons learnt from all this news or social media coverage.
During his life, what has a husband done to prepare his wife and children for post death and for the future? There are so many options. Just be learned about it. Having a will may not solve everything, will can be contested. Not to speak, if a family do not have sons. The husband should be obliged to think of the welfare of his wife and daughter or daughters. There has been cases where the late husband's family wanted their share from the house that his late son was living in with his wife and daughter. Disregard whether the daughter in law paid for the house or not too. This happens.
On the other hand, if a wife dies first, the husband can still earn his living or enjoy the wife's pension, if any, at the least to support the children if there are still that needs to be supported.
To say the least, if I die earlier than hubby obviously I do have to do anything. At the back of my mind it is sad if my savings would be deducted for my kain kafan and to pay for the grave digger but the Government would take care of that in my case. Or should I put RM5000 in my 'coffin box' just in case it is required.
I have spoken to a few friends, some are quite learned about these stuff but yet have not done anything. Some have done what is necessary. Little do we know if the properties the demise left behind are not distributed accordingly, they will not be resting in peace. I think..waullahualam.

Comments