Do you know Zaid bin Harithah?

What would be the reason why one would one to go to Jordan, Mesir, Turkey and the likes? My friend told me of how she really wants to go to Turkey and I asked her why Turkey? She gave me such a heartwrenching answer from a very knowledgable person - she said I want to see the place where it was the last empire that the Muslims managed to conquer. She even mentioned the name of the warrior on the Muslim side fighting the enemy whom she named as well. The truth she took history as an option in secondary education.

Why Jordan? I was listening to IKIM Fm and the ustaz (sorry ustaz-forgot your name) said that the one place that one should visit would be a place called Mu'tah where the Battle of Mu'tah took place. I have never been there but the hills and valleys around the place tells us how the difficulties the Muslims went through when spreading Islam.  Zaid bin Harithah was asked by Rasullullah s.a.w. to lead the Muslim army of 3,000 to fight the 200,000 Roman army. This is to show that only someone who loves Allah, loves Islam and loves Rasullullah s.a.w. would do this. Zaid has a famous son, Usamah bin Zaid.

Zaid died shahid in the battle and this news was brought to Rasullullah s.a.w. when he was at the masjid after solat. Rasullullah deemed to put both his hands over his face and wept on receiving the news, his cry was heard to the last saf in the masjid. Zaid's daughter too was in the masjid and she was hearding crying aloud too but when her cries stopped, Rasullullah was still weeping. Later when asked by the sahabat, why He wept longer than Zaid's daughter, he relpied that how can you not when someone that you missed and longed to see and loved dies. That was how much Rasullullah loved his companions. The ustaz told  the story much better than me writing it, cause I didn't realize that my tears were rolling down my face while listening. How can we not love Rasullullah s.a.w. and his companions for what they have done simply to spread Islam and simply for people like us 1400 years later to embrace and practice towards getting Allah's mercy to enter Jannah.

The lesson for the day was not to questions stories from the past about Rasullullah s.a.w.'s companions. Didn't realize that there are people arguing about the authenticity of His companions. The ustaz said do not question for it will not change or affect the akidah.

Do we tell these stories to our children or grandchildren. As for my children they learnt it in religious school or during Islamic studies in the schools. My weakness. I too knew about the stories of Nabi and Rasuls also the same way. Parents need to change, forget Hensel and Gretel, forget Snow white and the seven dwarfs and the likes. I have my own plans, may Allah grant my plans for the future. If Allah grant me another 25 years of life, I can still do a lot for Islam within my family if not at large, insyallah. Amin.

Comments

  1. Heard the same program at IKIM & it touched me as well. May Allah grant us with passion to love Rasulullah saw and his companions more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assallamualaikum, thats the issue, we muslim should come to our realization of Islam is the wholesome religion. True stories about, compassion,love,devotion are just to aplenty in Islam. About sahabah, the young people,children and companion during the time of Rasulullah SAW and the Caliphs will provides us and our children with all the ultimate virtues in living life. Sila ke FB ini untuk kisah sahabah..https://www.facebook.com/pages/ida-munira/163660317034611
    http://sohabih.blogspot.com wassallam.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment