My Late Brother-Mohamed's Family

31 August 2012 saw the passing of my sis-in-law, Hasnah, the wife of my late eldest brother, Mohamed. She was hospitalised for two nights sufferring a stroke before she finally left us. She was 72.

My late sis-in-law came from a family of converts. They are Chinese origin. A cousin told me that upon the death of her father,  her mother brought the whole family of two daughters and two sons to embrace Islam. Then, they lived in the same village where my parents were living. What triggers the conversion is beyond me but Allah has chosen them to give Hidayah. As a young child I remembered the late mother and her brothers and sister.

My late brother and sis were survived by seven children 4 girls,  3 boys and 10 grandchildren. They are Aidah, Rohaya, Azman, Rahimah, Azmi, Azah and Zul. When all the children were small, we lived very close to one another. Almost every other weekend my mom, sis Zahrah, my youngest sis and me would visit the children and bring them chocolates etc. The children were always so happy when we visited them. Those were the days. They are still living in Johor Bahru, except for the youngest son who is now working in Mumbai. Whereas the rest of us aunties and uncles are living in Kuala Lumpur. I guess time and space between us didn't help. I made more visits in the last three years than I ever did in the ten years before.

Insyallah, I pray the family will be fine and they know we, the aunts in KL will always be there for them. Al-Fatihah to my late brother and sis-in-law.

Comments

  1. Thank you CikLah for your support. Zul will take care and make sure kami adik beradik tetap bersama sehingga akhir hayat Zul. Insyallah..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment