22 Ramadhan 1433

When I started reading the Quran translation, I used to ask myself whether I would get the same good deeds by reading 'The Quran' where one letter you read in the Quran deserves 10 good deeds. Then I did not care as I needed to understand what is in the 'Book' if I were to improve my life. Today at the  Tazkirah we had at the office by a visiting Ustaz, he explained: it's not all about about counting the points it's requiring us to read and understand which is more important. During the days of Rasullullah s.a.w. they read and they understand because it is in 'their' language thus the good deeds in reading the Quran is well deserved as they understand.

Most people rush through the Quran reading, some via Tadarus but how many comes out at the end understanding what they have read. I am not saying stop reading diligently if you do not understand but it would be good if you read less but understand. Otherwise how would you know what's in it that you need to follow and practice in life.

By all means, do the utmost to be rewarded  the 'Lailatul Qadr'. A night of ibadah equivalent to a 1000 months. Here's the Maths again. It's like doing ibadah for 83.33 years. Even if you live that long are you highly likely to achieve 100% performance.  What's important is we get through Ramadhan and be a better person at the end of it and make doa that Allah forgive our sins and accept our taubat and ibadah.

A reminder for me and my children, read and understand the Quran, may Allah open up your hearts to do so. Amin

Comments