Complacency

Listening to the ustaz on youtube this morning, one of the practices to keep the soul (jiwa-hati) alive is via taddabur Al-Quran. The ustaz described it as consistency in reciting the Quran. However when I searched the internet to find its true meaning, Masyallah I found out that 'Taddabur' in itself is a research done into the Al-Quran, grouping of Surahs Makkiyah and Maddaniah. They are group into themes and has many volumes to explain the surahs in the Quran. There is so much to learn.

These days I have been toying with the idea of giving up my job and go into religious studies. The simple mind says no as I still need the money to pay my debts though I understand fully well rezki is from Allah. I have been working almost all my adult life having a paycheck at the end of the month and I do not know any other way to earn my living. If you consult in anyone they in turn will tell you that work is also ibadah. Coming home late everyday from work and using that as an excuse not being able to do the righteous deeds is not acceptable. Reminder to myself, do not be complacent. Like everything else we need to strategise the little time left to learn more and practice more, Ilmu and Amal always go hand in hand. To my young silent readers, strategise early. Include Islam in everything that you do do. Doing the solat five times a day, fasting during Ramadhan and performing Hajj once in your lifetime may not be adequate to grant you Jannah. Do not be complacent.

This may be my last post for a long while. Will be away for a while to divert all attention to more important issues, insyallah. Till then Ramadhan Al-Mubarak.

Comments