Letter from a friend

This epistle is only included for us to learn and emulate from someone so fine during his life. This was written, by a friend, of his father-in-law upon his demise. May Allah place him among the beloved and bless his soul with rahmah.
 
My dear ladies,
 
I hope I'm not too late in wishing my fellow January babes, a Very Happy B'day.
May Allah bless you all with happiness and good health this 53rd year.
 
Unlike many of you, my birthday on the 20th Jan. was a sad day. In fact I've forgotten all about it till I got a text message early in the morning from our dearest ... and also a  birthday parcel later on from our dearest ...... Thank you my dears, I will try to reply personally later on.
 
That Friday 20th, we were at Heathrow airport sending the jenazah of Hubby's Dad back to Iran. He passed away 1 week earlier, a day after we arrived back from Dubai. Hubby & I had to immediately fly home cutting short our workstay. My daughters had to fly back from Sri Lanka. Hubby's Dad was 89yrs.old , his kidneys and liver suddenly stopped funtioning. But his brain was very alert. He was conversing well till he quitely slipped away surrounded by all his children, in-laws and grandchildren. He went very peacefully with full redha after asking forgiveness and 'halal' from everyone.
 
He was that type of a person, very humble, kind, devout, intelligent & wise but above all charitable. My father in law, spent his whole life helping others any way he can. He built hospitals, schools, shelters, feed and home the poor and gave nearly all of his vast wealth to others while he lived a very simple life. He saw his mission to be sucessful in business and spread the rezeki given by Allah to others in need. To bring happiness to someone was his greatest pleasure.
 
He was also very patriotic, loved his Iran and longed to return. But the political turmoil there made it impossible for the older male of the family to return. They will certainly be detained for any trump up charges and presumed guilty till proven innocent. So he insisted that he should be buried besides his Mum in their home village Dezful. Even in death we had to wait for a week to get the permit from Tehran before sending him home. Hubby was so so hurt about this. Only the female family members accompanied Aruah on this last jouney as the sons are not advised to do so.
 
I was very fortunate and honoured to be part of his family because I learnt a lot from his ways. Even though I could never be as kind, devout and charitable as him, it opened my outlook in life and saw that one can be as ''near'' as possible to be the proper Hamba Allah that God wants us to be. I don't think I could have learnt all these from my own family. He was always happy with my tudung because he said that I did it well. On the other hand he jokingly mentioned about my jewelleries too, something he said I might want to give away...
 
We will miss him deeply, our mentor and head of the family. It makes us all think that if we ever could be as good as him in the short time that is left for us. We will try our best to remember and continue his legacy.
 
Have a great time on 1st Feb....seafood lunch outing by the sea, just remember me in cold grey UK.  But Alhamdullillah , we are happy and God gave us so much...
 
Take care, love,
xxx

Comments