Maal Hijrah 1433 weekend

My weekend started on Friday evening with dinner with Hubby, my step daughter with her husband and two daughters, another stepdaughter and with my daughter. It was a big dinner since all have a good appetite, except for the 4 year old and 5 months old grandaughters. We had quality time together, I reckon.

After dinner I quickly drove to my nephew's house with my daughter. My nephew was going to have his son's wedding reception at the house the following day. I was not present during the solemnisation the week before as I had to travel to my other home in Alor Setar to visit my 10 day old new grandson from my other stepdaughter. I couldn't be there when she gave birth as I was preparing for work in Jakarta the following week which was the weekend before. Talking about a hectic life..I was living it to the brim. Always pray for God to give me strength and energy despite my hurting leg. The age and weight is catching up with me. Have to eat less now. Came home about midnight.

The next day after the children left for their holiday in Genting, I was off to my nephew's house with hubby and daughter. My son was already at the house since two nights before that as he was due to perform with his group 'The Marjans'. Yes I am mom to one of the members. The bride and groom, Rashdan and Nini, looked beautiful that day and I pray may they have a long lasting marriage with the blessings of Allah. Left the wedding place at 4pm. Try this link for the event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j938Z6BxUVc .

At home rested a while before getting ready for the next wedding. Not to mention my eldest son, his wife, my granddaughter, Almira (Iya) and grandson, Amir came over to stay after the wedding reception earlier, together with the kids' nanny.

Hubby reminded to recite the end of year and beginning of year doa. May Allah grant our doas. After maghrib I went with hubby and daughter to Equatorial Bangi for the reception.My cousin married off her son and had the reception the same day as my nephew's son's reception but lucky thing it was a dinner reception so I was able to go to both.  I grew up with my cousin in 'The Big House' when I was little. We were like 5 years apart if not more. Good thing about family weddings I get to see my family from Johor or from Kuala Lumpur or Selangor whom I don't get to meet because of the tight schedule. However I missed meeting my only Aunt that night. Have to pay her a visit soon. The reception went well Alhamdulillah. May Allah bless this marriage as well for Khalid and Mastura.

More was to come. My granddaughter, Iya was not asleep when I came home, spent a little time with her and then decided to take a rest after a long day.

The next morning started with hefty breakfast of nasi lemak from my son's favourite stall near the house. Later we went for two rounds of bowling with Iya as cheer leader for everyone when the pins fell. When the ball goes astray she would show her dissatisfaction on her face and shrug 'longkang lagi'. BTW she's only 2 years 6 months. We had fun. Only hubby did not join as he went to do a bit of grocery shopping and be the handyman at home changing bulbs etc. He loves doing that. Alhamdulillah. We adjourned for lunch at KFC after I got my grandchildren new toys. Iya had to play the bowling toy for a long period in the Subang house. About time she gets a new one. Again it has to be educational from me. Bought her a set with white board and felt pen, chalk, Alphabets and numbers with magnets. Of course it comes with an 'Apple Like' table that folds away. Instead of and 'Apple laptop' its an 'Apple Table'. Amazing power of concentration for a kid that age. Supercedes that of her Dad at that age - I think if I remember well. She obviously loves to draw. Sorry no videos as my daughter said- lazy mama. Amir got a musical toy with keyboards and jazz music etc. Noisy but ok. He seems to enjoy it too. Spent whole afternoon with Iya playing with new toy and watching cartoons on my laptop later. She slept early that night since she did not nap in the afternoon.

Dinner was home cooked by me and daughter. Curry Crabs, Fried 'korban' meat prepared the Kelantan style, big buttered prawns and fried oyster sauce veggie with rice. Scrmptious and delicious , the whole family was there, Alhamdulillah.

Watched football on TV with the boys, Malayisa lost to Bahrain of course but no sweat guys. There are always more games to play and win.

Today, after late breakfast of cekodok, sambal tumis, bread and sardines, my son and family left. It has been a full and enjoyable weekend for me. As hubby went off to play golf, my daughter, son and me rested a bit. Later did washing and tonite will have to prepare for work tomorrow. Alhamdulillah for everything.

Comments

  1. Siapo paling layak jaga you?
    Just look at your text, I am almost like your shadow when ever my husband is not around. I might be tough and strict but all for your own good ;-) That's why you have to tell God that you are allowing me to act that way. Therefore I won't get any dosa. Genius? =D

    Of course I won't feed you yoghurt! I'll make you nasi lauk ikan asam puree.
    he he he he.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment