Syawal 1432

The only reason, if required as to why I need a big house is for silatturrahim purposes either among my very own family or among my siblings family. Coming from a family of 6 brothers and 5 sisters one need not have to guess why. It's only natural that the sisters are closer to one another because sisters talk to each other and I guess sisters don't communicate about everything under the sun with their brothers but we love them all the same. At least in my family, besides my late sister who was bedridden for a long time, the four sisters are very close and that transcends to our children.

After my marriage turned to ashes, I became closer to my sisters. It's because I can have them and their children in my house as and when, there were no limitations. We would meet at each other's house at weekends and once a fortnight at mine. It went that way for a long while before the children started to have their own activities during weekends. Then the children were aged between 5years to 15 years old, a total of 9 children and a total of 15 including the adults. A link terrace house was not good enough but that house still stands. Coming from an extended family one can understand why I love to have them at my house.

Yesterday, 3rd Syawal, the same group was at my house only the children are very much older. The eldest among them, Su is 30 years old with 3 little girls, the second oldest among them, Reza is 27years old with a pair of children, the third oldest, Ayla  25 is married and still longing for a child, the fourth, Yo, 24 married and three months pregnant. The rest are stll studying and single. Aishah, 23, Aliff, 22, Afiq, 21 the youngest two, Azeem and Om are 19 and 18 respectively. These kids are the second batch of nephews and nieces from my siblings and mine.

I too had one of my cousins and with her grown up family over with her mom, my living aunt in KL.Later in the day one of my nieces, Tuti and family came. My other older nephew, Din could not come and he had the courtesy to send his sons instead, how thoughtful and how well bred. My late sister would be so proud. One of my brothers came with his family together with his sister in law and brother in law and family. One can only imagine the racket in the small house but all in all it was a happy occassion from noon to nightfall. May Allah bless us with more happy occassions.

Comments