Life's Manual

I am never the type of person who read manuals when purchasing anything, may it be a washing machine, a camera, mobile phone, dvd player, you name it but I will keep the manuals in case I need someone to read it for me or to me.

Nevertheless there is one manual that I started reading and know that the only way to find out if it's going to make the machine work again is to read it myself. That was when the marriage machine started to fail and I had to find a way to find out how to make it work again, though I failed to do that but I managed to live my life again. The Life's Manual is none other than the Quran.

Allah's Firman: Surah Al-Baqarah 2:2
2:2
Sahih International
This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -


When I felt like my whole world came crushing down on me, I was determined to get up again and face the world. I was too arrogant to seek advice and have people telling me the cliches like just be patient, it's fated and all the jargons that you do not need to hear. When a marriage starts to fail, sometimes you don't immediately find remedies to save it but refocus is the key word. One can't control their partner's behaviour but Allah can and it is through Allah that things can change with his Grace. Do not focus on what is beyond you, do what you can and leave the rest to Allah.

Any test in a marriage is just a test from The Al'Mighty on how righteous one is. It's not about the affairs or disloyaties between partners but it's about our relationship to The Al'Mighty. How do we do that? Begin with understanding what the Quran says. After my long lost days I began reading the Quran translation and truly make an effort to understand what The Book says. May Allah forgive me if there's an atom of riaq in this write up but the intention is simply to share. Having a career doesn't leave much time to attend religious classes or have an ustaz or ustazah to tutor oneself. People say to learn religion you have to have a mentor or a teacher but wait for that and it can be forever. Make the effort yourself and when you do not understand, then ask the ustaz or ustazahs when you can find them or look for related references. The Book has solutions for any problems in the world except death. Use it to prepare ourselves for anything before Allah sends us his trials and tribulations, so if Allah test us with husbands who seeks another we can just smile and say we will pass through this test instead of crying buckets. For the husbands the test is on them too, if only they know.

I gave my kids the Quran translation each when they aged 17 now the eldest is 27, the second is 25 and the youngest is going to be 20. Hopefully they don't seek to find answers only after being tested but I pray that they use it to understand how to build that relationship with Allah so that when God's trials and tribulations come their way, they know how to deal with it without anyone telling them to be patient, or it's fated or just tawakkal and not knowing how to do just that.

Comments