We Love You Dearly

We, the family has never been tested for a long, long while I guess, until the morning of 23rd February 2017,  when Afiq my 25 year old nephew passed away after being diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks earlier.

Every trial and tribulation that happens in our lives are those that we can handle (Surah Al-Baqarah ayat 286). Everything that happens to us too lies hidden hikmah behind it.

I was at a seminar when I received the sad news, the phone was ringing when I was still on stage after my presentation, first call from my son and the second from my husband. I knew then, that my nephew was gone. As I walked off the stage my bestfriend confirmed that news for me. She was with me the night before and she witnessed how hard I prayed and how much tears I shed while praying for Allah to spare Afiq a little while longer but at the same time to ease him from the pain he was suffering and to make it easy for him. When it all sank in, the first thing I uttered to Allah was for Him to show us the family, what is the hikmah behind taking Afiq from us at such a young age.

Today, it has been 14 days since his passing, the family is still grieving, each one of us in our own way. Struggling still to find the hikmah behind his passing, each and everyone of us has to find their own.  What has this loss made us do or change? For everytime we do something good due to remembering his passing, it means that he has made us into a better being. He was chosen by Allah to remind us to be a better person in the eyes of Allah for if we do not change then we are not embracing this tribulation on a positive note. Find the hikmah.

Let's not be complacent in our worship for Allah, we shall not miss our prayers, we shall read the AlQuran, we shall do good deeds, sadaqah consistently, we shall feed the poor, we shall take more care of silaturrahim, we shall look out for one another. For everytime we remember his passing and do good may Allah bless his soul. Learn to accept and redha and he will wait for us in Jannah.

Afiq was loved by many. Friends from young to University mates, teachers from school to lecturers from University, uncles, aunts and children in his neighbourhood, families from Mum, Dad, grandma, brother, sis-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins, grand nephews and nieces and great grand neice and nephew all loved him dearly. Each has their own special moments and bond with him for he was such a lovable being. Adjectives are not enough to describe who he really was. May Allah bless his soul and place him among the righteous and His loved ones.

For the rest of us, strengthen the belief that Allah is all knowing. Only He wills 'kun faya kun', so be it and only to Allah we return.












Comments