Dedicated To The One I Love

Ever since you walked into my life
You held my very heart in the hollow of your hands
My world circulated around you
You were my everything
The warmth of your love
Gave me confidence
Genuine in its existence
Strong in its foundation
And it made me want to live forever
And time went swiftly by
All was beautiful..... When!
The incredible news mercileously pierced into my ears
You were gone!
Fate has taken its course
Tears streamed down my cheeks
And my sorrow knew no other emotions
The whole world was suddenly dark and empty
With no one but me
I cried and I cried
But to no avail
For you have left me forever
You, my greatest possesion
I never imagined our vows could come true
In so short a time
A vow deeply inscribed in our hearts
"Till death parts us"
                  "I guess it's time for goodbye now"
Yes.....those were your last words
But I never understood them then
And now that I do
I shall cherish them
Together with our sweet memories.......
They will endure in my heart forever.

My good friend wrote this when she was 17 years of age. It got published in her school year book then. Little did she know she was describing her own future. She was widowed at the age of 35 when her husband passed away of a heart ailment at age 37.

She was left with four children age bet 10 years and 8 months old. Like my three children her four children are all grown up with the youngest in College. Whenever we meet for lunch to celebrate our birthdays which are a month apart, I would ask her if marriage was ever an option but today I don't have to worry about her being alone anymore. She plans to meet the one she loved again when the time comes and marriage would simply hamper that. She once told me that I was lucky as I only got divorced but as for her she was widowed. I thought just the opposite but now I know she was right. Together we raised our children but she became the strong and logical one while I became strong yet a softie at heart, that's because she was literally alone facing her challenges. To you my friend, may Allah reward you both in this world and in the hereafter for your dedication to raising your children well. Have a great blessed life.

Comments