26 Years 7 Months Later

When my Mak (mom) passed away on 8.6.86 (30 Ramadhan 1406), I was living in Kota Bharu, Kelantan in the East coast of Malaysia. By the time I arrived home, in Johor Bharu, at the southern tip of Malaysia, Mak was already at her resting place. Our family didn't have a car then and somehow, the women in the family were not encouraged to go to the grave and nobody to offer me to show me arwah's Mak resting place. I came home alone without my family. I was 7 months pregnant with my second child then, my daughter, so I never insisted and I think my sisters didn't go either. We were taught that we could always pray for her anytime, from anywhere and we never argued.

The many trips I made to JB after that never included visiting mom's grave, and every excuse deemed acceptable to me for not visiting. It was always minding my babies on the usually short trips home but mostly after her death I probably only went home to visit my late Bak (Dad) once a year. Could never explain why.

Until recently, I heard Ustaz Azhar Idrus said that the roh's hearing is many times better  than the human hearing. Then it occurred to me that arwah Mak knows that I have never visited her. I went on holiday to JB since 9 Feb and today, after 26 years 7 months, I couldn't contain my guilt and was quite adamant that I wasn't leaving JB until I visited arwah Mak. The eight of us searched high and low for arwah's Mak resting place. When my husband saw my stubborn streak and knew I wouldn't give up, he just went on looking like how he was trained in the army to track, simply to find Mak's resting place. He finally found it at the number 8142.

Today for the first time, my elder sister and her son, my younger sister, her husband and her  son, my husband, my son and I visited her at her resting place. However, I am sure arwah Mak has been receiving the prayers we make for her after every solat for Allah to forgive all her sins and may Allah shower his blessings and mercy to grant her Jannah. To all in my family, do make prayers for all our loved ones to be in Jannah and make doa for us to join them. Amin. Al-Fatihah.

 
 
 
X - Approximate Location of arwah's Mak's resting place.
 
 

Comments