Time changes things...

I let my children know my schedule way ahead of time. My son in Dubai is due to come home to meet his family but having his mom away from home for 3 weeks in a row does not help either, so he popped the question 'ma when are you gonna be home?'.

My daughter who has planned sthing for me to do asked me 'ma are you in the country on 4th November?' Wow!! It's like I'm a jet setter. Not anywhere close. Just that  on two censecutive months I will be travelling abroad on OGS.

While my son in Melbourne just said to me last night 'ma if you're not gonna be home and sis has moved away from Subang and Abang and family in Dubai, why should I come home?'.

Makes me wanna cry!! I'm not surprised if I end up in the old folks home when I grow old. Ha ha...I can't seem to put my family first on many occasions because of work committment.

How time have changed things. I could always go back to my 'kampong' and my parents would always be home waiting for me. These days, the children need to check with me when I'm gonna be home and this Aidil Adha I will not be at home. I too would visit my grandchildren at their home instead of them coming over to mine. No big deal as long as we get to meet I guess if we have less expectations from each other and simply try to fit into each other's schedule then it will be less stressful for all.

Comments