My Roots....

I never knew my paternal Grandparents nor do I know my maternal Grandfather, all passed on even before I was born.Grandma or 'Tok', my mom's mother was the only link to my Roots. As a child I was never told who my paternal grandparents were nor my maternal grandfather was. Sad to say I never asked... More ashamed to say I don't even know what my father's mother's name is until today unless I ask any of my remaining elder siblings.As a young child then, life was all about the present. As an adult today, I wonder why there is so much I do not know about my Roots...

Is it because they were all ordinary people not leaders of a State, a Country or they were not people with outstanding achievements in the eyes of the humankind therefore their stories were never told. Or what was it? I started this blog as I am certain no humankind will write about me as I am an ordinary human being who might just disappear through time and then my descendants will wonder who their Grandma or Great Grandma or Great Great Grandma was. I just want them to know who I am as a human being and I did exist, nothing more, as I am still curious at this age where my Roots are and what defines me????? I want to share with them what I have learnt through life so they will not be as lost as I was at times when I was in need. At least they may know where their bad genes come from if not the good..... Hmmm

Comments